Monday, July 4, 2011

Lots Going On

Happy 4th!! I just watched a great documentary on HBO that made me fill quite patriotic. It is called "Citizen USA: A 50 State Road Trip". It really shows you how great America is through the eyes of the people who have known how life can be in places without freedom and opportunity.

We have had a lot going in the past few weeks. Greg and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. We really needed to celebrate too this year because being parents can put a huge strain on a relationship, so there were times we couldn't stand each other over this past year. We had a great dinner at Sweet Grass, and Greg surprised me with a great, new camera.

He got me a Nikon D3100. I'm still learning how to use it and picking out fancy new lenses for future purchases (that will undoubtedly make me shoot like a pro), but I love it so far.

In other new purchase news, I got a new car. Not to sound ungrateful, but I'm kind of sad about it. I LOVED my old car. I had a 2004 (the last year that they were made) Land Rover Discovery (which was the second one that I've owned).
Posted by Picasa

You know that you really love a car if you trade it in for a newer model of the same car. Oh, I miss her so much already. But sadly she was not as safe for the little one ( and wasn't really great for the environment or my gas bill) as I need my car to be.

So now I drive a new Subaru Forester. It is suppose be one of the safest cars that you can get. I sure hope Ellie Kate appreciates me giving up my beloved (and paid for) car so that she is safe. She's definitely worth it though.

Today was no exception in our busy life. We went to our neighborhood parade this morning after EK woke up from her nap. She loved seeing all the bikes, strollers, wagons,dogs, and people all decked out in red, white, and blue. And Daddy ran her through the water that the firemen shot up into the air from a hydrant, which she thoroughly enjoyed.




After we got dried off, we headed over to our cousin's house for Noah's first birthday. We had a great time with family and celebrating this little guy's first year of life. My cousin, Agnes, went all out with the adorable decorations appropriately themed in red, white, and blue.


From Noah's party, we headed down to my parents for a fish fry. I was too tired to pull out the camera at this point in the day. Ellie Kate had a blast playing with all her new toys that her meme got her and of course her favorites toys, all the little dogs at my mom's house ( 4 including my sister's that were over).

I'm hoping that the rest of this week will be a little slower paced than today. We will be going to story time and lunch tomorrow with my grandmother, EK's great grandmother, but I think that's all we have on our social calender for a while. That is until our big trip to the beach next month.....

No comments:

Post a Comment