Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cucumber

I haven't done a babycenter.com update in a while, so here is the one I got Saturday at 26 weeks:

"The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days."

And here is the picture that was accompanying it:
I got an email today from Motherhood that Heidi Klum has released some new items in the "Lovely" line that she has done for them. After checking it out, I decided that I needed to have this skirt:I thought that it was fun and hippie like. Also, it will hide any fat, swollen ankles (should I end up with them).

I'm definitely slowing down on the maternity clothes shopping though. I still seem to like my looser pre-pregnancy clothes better on me, and I'm running out of time to wear my maternity purchases. Though I'm sure they will be front and center in my closet by July.

I'm heading to the doctor this afternoon to check on how Ellie Kate is doing. I also get my glucose test today (fingers crossed that I won't have to be off ice cream after today).

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!! I'm off to take a walk in the lovely weather we are having this morning. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment