Sunday, May 29, 2011

Swim Day, Memorial Day, and Kiddie Concert


Sunday, Ellie Kate took to the water, well, like a fish takes to water. I was a little worried that the water was going to be too cold { it was only 80ยบ}, but it didn't seem to faze Baby a bit. As soon as we put her into her little inner tube, she started kicking her little legs. What a natural.



She hung in the pool for quite a while before lunch and nap, and then she got back in again after her nap. And surprisingly, she didn't get a sunburn. Of course, she was covered in SPF50.

Monday afternoon, we went to a cookout at Chloe and Arden's, and they had Arden's baby pool set up. Ellie Kate had a great time in it too. It's a little difficult to let a 9 month old play in a baby pool though. You kind of have to just lean over the side and hold them in it. Sort of sucked for my poor back that I had just happened to pull a muscle in last Tuesday. We all had a great time celebrating Memorial Day friends and family {our cousins happened to be neighbors to our host and hostesses}.

This morning, the little bit and I went to the Levitt Shell to see Jack and Zinghoppers. Ek jumped { with a bit of help form mommy}, clapped, and sang. She was a little show stealer with all the people that were sitting near us, but that's nothing new {in know, in know I'm an annoying, bragging mom}.


Tomorrow is a work day for me. It should be a good and pretty busy day. Thursday or Friday, we are definitely heading back down to Meme's pool because it has gotten HOT around here. And then, I'm working Saturday, and Greg and I are going to Live at the Garden to see ZZ Top that night. This will be the first time Greg and I have done anything, without baby, since March......we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment