Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You Tube Tuesday... and then some

This weekend we had my youngest sister Krista's college graduation, and I threw a combined family party at our house for Krista and Greg's graduations. We had a great time eating, DRINKING, and celebrating. I took absolutely no photos though. I'm just sick about. I now well enough that if I'm hostessing something I should always give my camera to someone else to be on paparazzi duty. Oh well.

After the party was over some of our friends came over and we ended up going out. We went and saw a Guns n Roses cover band, Appetite for Destruction. I'm not a G n R fan in the first place, so this band is not my cup of tea. We still had a great time though, and ended up thinking it would be a great idea to head downtown after they were over at 3 am. For those of you who don't know a lot of our bars downtown don't close until 5 or 6. It's a blessing and a curse.

The next morning I was dying for food since we had served BBQ at the party, and me being a vegetarian, I ate nothing but three cupcakes. Greg was quit immobile in the bed when I woke ravenous at 10.... he is like six years older than me and doesn't bounce back the same after a long day and night and morning of drinking. My friend and previous evening house guest, Dave, was kind enough to take pity on me, drag his ass out of bed, and carry me to the Waffle House. Yeah, I said the Waffle House. Don't be j!

Upon our arrival to the fine dining establishment, I asked Dave if he would play me a song on the jukebox. He said " like what Honky Tonk Badonkadonk?". 

I had never heard of this "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" before. Fortunately our food arrived quickly, as it often does at grease pits, and I was face down in my eggs, grits, hash browns, waffles, and toast..... and yes I ate every bite..... don't judge me! Once I started to eat I forgot about the song until I got to my parents later that day for Mother's Day. 

I pulled this up on You Tube. ( sorry you have to be redirected to You Tube because the record label has disabled the embedding..... because they're obviously douches).

OH MY! How did I ever miss this? It makes that awful "Poker Face" song look like it should win a Grammy. 

The next day I sent a link of the video to Dave and commented that it seemed that the concept of the video shoot was if a rap video and a monster truck rally had a baby. I posed the question: What would such a baby be named?

Dave's answer: Kid Rock


1 comment:

  1. Kid Rock! Ahahaha! So true! And I hate to admit that I had heard that song before but I ALWAYS made fun of it. I'm not a country music fan. :)

    ReplyDelete