Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fit of Rage

How can a day start of so great, and then next thing you know you're running around your house like crazy person?

This morning I woke up around 8, at my leisure, since I didn't have to work. The dogs and I snuggled in bed watching a little 7th Heaven and Matlock {another mamaw thing I do, watch Matlock almost everyday}. I went to Garden Ridge and picked up some more fun, holiday things for the house { will embellish on that in a later post}. Went to the gym and got a great workout in. Came home to have a little tomato soup and grilled cheese. Watched Sammy get her baby back, and Nicole get arrested for stealing Sammy's baby on Days of Our Lives {which I have watch literally my whole life, like from the crib}.

Then just as I started to clean the house, which I didn't even mind doing because I was in such a good mood, I saw it. The hole that Daisy had eaten in the center of my most lovely living room rug.

I seriously lost it. I felt like the Hulk or something. I may have even possibly turned green for a few moments.

I cussed out my dog using words only previously heard on pirate ships and Jerry Springer episodes, not that she understood any of them. I thought I might have a seizure because of the extent I was shaking mad, and at the very least, I knew I was having an episode.

After safely securing the dogs in the bedroom away from my rage, which I'm sue they are quite grateful for, I pulled out the phone book to search for rug repair places.

I found a place, called them, rolled up the 9 x 12 rug all by my lonesome, and loaded it into my car. Obviously I had a little adrenaline from my anger still because I 'm normally not that strong.

Thank goodness the repair is actually only going to be $50 because I was just certain it was going to be hundreds.

So just in case this ever happens to any of you pet owners, it apparently is not that costly of a fix. Maybe knowing that, you won't Hulk out like I did today, and let it ruin your day and almost your dog's life.

Oh, did I mention I also called my husband at work to tell him about it, and then cussed him out too? Like he had been in there on his hand and knees chewing up the carpet along with the dog. Whoops....I guess I have some apologizing to do. That sucks!! I hate admitting when I'm wrong.

I feel so much better know after getting that out. Promise to make my next post much sunnier, even if I have to fake it.

Hope all of your days our rage free today! And if not I hope you have better access to Valium than I do.




1 comment:

  1. I think you need to update the real guilty party on the rug incident. The 1st & 2nd time!!!

    ReplyDelete