Sunday, December 20, 2009

Saturday Night

Last night Greg and I headed over to Minglewood Hall to see some music. We saw Hill Country Revue and The North Mississippi Allstars. I loved it, but Greg is not as big of a fan of North Mississippi as me. He still had a good time though.

We also got a special treat when Derek Burnside ( son of blues legend RL Burnside) and David Kimbrough (son of blues great Junior Kimbrough) came out and performed the last few songs with band.

It was a fun night, but I've been dragging and tired today.

Today we went and had a yummy brunch and went shopping for a new sleeper sofa for Greg's home office. The one currently in there is pale yellow and we unfortunately allowed the dogs on it over the years. It is disgusting now, and I can't stand it being in there any longer. We figured that would be better use of the Christmas money we get from family than a bunch of little junk.

We have a big day tomorrow with something pretty exciting happening, but I'll have more details later.

Hope all of you had fabulous weekends, and that you have all of your Christmas shopping done! Can you believe that it's already this Friday!?!

2 comments:

  1. The music in the backround is from that concert? Dont let me down? This is VERY oldschool music... Live music is fun just to be part of the overall event with the people and the energy they create.

    I hope you have a great new year.

    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom, No the music on my blog player was not from the show we went to. The song you heard was Don't Let Me Down being covered by Bad Company, and yes it is pretty old school. Thanks for commenting, and I hope you have a great new year as well! The start to a new year always feels so fresh and full of opportunity, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete