Monday, October 12, 2009

Top 10 Errors Found in Doctors Reports

10. Healthy appearing, decrepit 69 year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

9. Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.

8. The patient has been depressed ever since she began seeing me in 1983.

7. Patient has left his white blood cells at another hospital.

6. Discharge status: Alive but without permission.

5. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.

4. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. (Blank), who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.

3. The patient lives at home with his mother, father, and pet turtle, who is presently enrolled in day care three times a week.

2. The patient refused an autopsy.

1. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it had completely disappeared.


And people wonder why I only go to annual appointment and stay as far away from health care, as I can, the rest of the year!




No comments:

Post a Comment