Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How Much Do I Think the Baby is a Girl?

Enough to go ahead and buy nursery bedding. In my defense, it's only from Target, so it's returnable for the next three months. If we find out it's a boy after the big ultrasound, he won't have to sleep on little rosebuds.

The bedding should arrive in the next few days, but I'm going to go ahead and post pics of it now.

Here's the lovely shabby chic bedding that I have chosen.
This is a close-up of the bumper with patchwork on one side and ivory chenille fabric on the other.
Close-up of the crib sheet
Close-up of the dust ruffle

I really surprised myself when I decided on the shabby chic look. At some point I really started to like the idea of having blue in the decor, while still keeping everything really girly. I initially fell in love with a crib set that was $600. I found this on the Target website for a fraction on the price, and I really like it just as much as the pricey set.

I've already decided on the layout and the furniture for the nursery too (coming soon in a future post). The layout will be the same with either gender, and so will the furniture, just in a different finish.

I'm so excited about decorating the nursery (obviously)! Maybe my nesting instincts are kicking in early. Or maybe I'm just an anal planner :)) .

3 comments:

  1. Awww...it is really pretty! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its crazy what parents do for their unborn.

    before our first was had entered the world, i swear we had enough clothes for the first 10 years of her life. for the second and third we maybe had a shirt and a onesie.

    seems to be the way it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Girly and pretty! I can't wait to find out tomorrow so I can pick out bedding and clothes! That is the fun stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete