Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend I was actually off work most of the day on Friday and all day Saturday (thanks crappy economy). It was a good weekend to be off, though, since we had nice weather Friday and Saturday.

Friday I went to a local maternity boutique, Haute Mama. This is the second time I went out to this store, and I have not been impressed. It seems to be full of maxi dresses that are all $150 and make out of some nasty polyester or rayon material. I'm not paying $150 for polyester!

I did manage to find two cotton dresses, one maxi and one above the knee, that are okay. They were probably over priced though. I'm thinking that I'll just stick to the Gap, Old Navy, and A Peas in a Pod from now on.

The maternity boutique happens to be out in the suburbs, so I visited with several of my suburbanite friends while I was out there. It was nice to see them in their homes since I don't get out that way too often.

Later I was highly disappointed when my fav Friday night TV shows weren't on or weren't new because of another stupid sports thing. Didn't we just get rid of a TV interrupting sports thing? Hello TV people not everyone cares about grown men playing with balls!!

Sorry, Rant over.

Saturday morning Greg did a little (very little) yard work while I went to the gym. When I got home we both worked with the dogs on their training exercises.

Oh yeah, the dogs started an obedience class last week. They're actually doing pretty well so far, surprisingly. This week we worked on sit/stays and name recognition.

Saturday night we went with my dad and step-mom to my belated birthday dinner. They took us to Itta Bena, a speakeasy style restaurant/ lounge above the famous BB Kings Blues Club , and it was delicious!! I had Lobster Ravioli, She Crab Soup, and Shrimp and Scallops over Cheese Grits. Yummy!! We had a great time, even though I couldn't have any grownup drinks :((.

Yesterday the weather turned nasty. Cold and Rainy. Yuck! So we hung out at the house all day. I gave my blog a little face lift, obviously. I even changed my music player to some songs that are actually on one of my real life, iPhone play list, titled Love Songs (not very creative title, I know). Let me know what you think of my new look.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you checked out Liz Lange for Target? I got a really cute cotton maxi dress from there when I was preggers!

    ReplyDelete