Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Never Gonna Happen

Since turning thirty, and since I have a bun in the oven, I've realized the ship has sailed on some of my life goals.

  1. Marrying Jake Ryan. I would have run off from my husband to marry the 80's movie star, but I could never leave a "family" for him. Kinda ironic that my husband looks more like Anthony Michael Hall.
  2. Completing my wonderful wardrobe. I've spent the last 10 years cultivating a wardrobe that I love, and that I may never fit into quite right again. Even my damn shoes might be too small after I'm done gestating this thing. Right now I can still wear a lot of my clothes, but they look far from cute on me.
  3. Becoming famous. Not really a recent goal, but every little girl pictures herself as a movie star, right? And yes I did still want to marry Jake Ryan recently.
  4. Living in a cool city. I would love to live in Charleston or Austin, but now that we're having a baby, I don't see it happening. It's way more important for us to have our kid close to my family. Guess we'll just have to help make Memphis cooler.
Of course I am realizing one amazing life goal, becoming a mother. It will be pretty cool. It will also probably the hardest, but most rewarding thing that I'll ever do.

And Greg, Anthony Michael Hall has aged far better than Jake Ryan. I heard the guy who played Jake looks down right scary now. This is how A.M.H. has aged:
So really that was a total complement to you, honey!

Now I'm off to achieve my immediate goal of eating some yummy salty French fries with tons of malt vinegar and ketchup. Don't judge me!!! I'm pregnant and can't help myself.

2 comments:

  1. haha you need to head to london for really good malt vinegar. they bathe fries in it.

    also, uhhh, have you read my blog lately?? pretty sure im the bizarre one! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lived cooler places than my hometown of Tampa, but I'm so glad I came back before I had kids. Now that I have my little dude, I can't imagine not having family around to help!

    ReplyDelete