Monday, March 1, 2010

Apple Love


I reached my 15th week of pregnancy on Saturday. Here's what babycenter.com says is happening with my little "apple" this week:

"Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although hereyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")"

We go to the doc tomorrow. This is the first appointment that we'll have without an ultrasound. She will just do a "tummy check", whatever that is, and will listen to the heartbeat with a doppler, for the first time. I wonder if the heartbeat will sound different than it does on the ultrasound.

Speaking of ultrasounds, I called the 3D ultrasound place, and they are closed for renovations the week that we wanted to go. If we waited to go the following week, it would only be two weeks before we will find out the gender at the doctor anyway. I think we're going to skip it for early gender determination. We still might get one around 30 weeks, once the baby starts to look a little more cute.

Now the big day, that we will find out what we are having, will be March 30th! It's also the day that they do the all measuring and diagnostics to make sure that the baby is normal. That kind of makes long for March 30th and horrified by it, all at the same time.

Today I've been looking at maternity clothes online. Oh to be able to shop again!! I'm still in my normal clothes, but I've heard over the next month my body will be changing more quickly. I think that I'll be carrying high, so I wonder what that means for maternity wear. I found some cute things on Old Navy, Gap, and Motherhood. I have a feeling if I order them now I would be swimming in them until May, but I need to shop!

I'm about to head to the gym. I'll post some pics of the clothes that I've found later.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment