Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More About the Nursery

Our doctor's appointment went well yesterday. She found the heartbeat really quickly, so all my preparation to not worry was all for nothing. We also set up our time for the big appointment. Dun, dun, dun!This is the planned layout for the nursery. We chose to use the smaller of our two guest rooms. It just seemed cozier to me.

This is the crib that we are using. It will be white for a girl, black for a boy. It's a really classic design. In fact, my mom even used the same design in my little sister's nursery 23 years ago. We will also use the changing table to match the crib.
I would like to do a fabric canopy above the crib like this. I'll just have to find the right fabric for it to work. I don't want anything to matchy, matchy with the crib bedding.

I'm pretty excited about this glider/rocker ( and the matching ottoman). I'm waiting on the swatches to make sure the fabric and color is exactly right.

We're lucky enough to have a Pottery Barn outlet here in town, so we're hoping to find a rug at some point there at a good deal.

Once we find out the gender, I'll get to pick up odds and ends and decorative accessories. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the crib! Is it the Jenny Lind crib? If so, that's the one Jaymes has and I love it so much! Can't wait to hear what color of crib you'll be purchasing....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is the Jenny Lind crib! I'm so glad that Miss Jaymes has liked hers. I'll have to give you a call, so you can tell me if the lack of a drop side has been an issue.

    ReplyDelete