Saturday, April 4, 2009

Downtown Memphis Farmer's Market

The Memphis Farmers Market at the Central Train Station downtown is starting up again April 18th. It will be every Saturday from then until Mid-October 7am- 1pm.

I haven't made it down there in years past because I work on Saturday mornings (unless we're out of town), but this year I'm taking a morning off to go. 

I really want to check out the Windmere Farms stand ( warning: their website is a little heavy on the religious thing). They are our local certified organic farm, and they even have organic strawberries, which are really difficult to grow organically. 

If you have a free Saturday morning check it out and grab some yummy produce or some fresh flowers! Oh joy, the tastes and fragrances of summer are almost here.

4 comments:

  1. I want to check it out too..never been either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I'm not the only Memphian who hasn't been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Farmer's Market!!! They have tons of booths with fresh flowers, and you can get HUGE bouquets for $20 or less. Great food too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to know the flowers are such a great deal. I'm having a few party's at my house this spring and am glad to have another affordable floral option besides Costco. Thanks for the heads up, Emily!

    ReplyDelete