Friday, April 10, 2009

She's Crafty

Maybe this wasn't what the Beastie Boys meant when they wrote the song, but tonight I was crafty.

My creative side has been feeling a bit stifled lately. After doing hair for eight years, work just isn't enough of an outlet anymore. So I decided to do a few projects to let out my need to create.

First, we colored Easter eggs. I haven't done this since...actually I don't remember when the last time was. I unfortunately haven't improved any since about age seven. Greg's eggs turned out quite well though.


My second project was a hand painted flower pot. I've painted a bunch of these in the past, and now the are all around the ledge on my screened in porch. Over the winter the wind knocked one over and broke it. This is one that I painted as a replacement:


Now I'm about to try to wash the egg dye off of my stained fingers. For whatever reason Greg and my fingers ended up pink even though he used almost no pink. Go figure!

Tomorrow is gym ,work, rush home  get ready, and try to make it to Crawfish Fest by two. Hopefully it will be a good bit sunnier and warmer than it was today, but unfortunately it definitely won't be warm enough to wear any of six fabulous, new pairs of shorts. I really got ahead of myself with all of my recent clothing purchases.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll post pictures of tomorrow Sunday. As long as I remember to take some.


No comments:

Post a Comment