Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Overton Square Crawfish Festival

I've already found something that I want to do from the new RSVP blog. Weather permitting, we'll be going to the Overton Square Crawfish Festival this Saturday. They'll have food, beers, and bands. It will be at 2094 Madison Ave from noon to six, and the proceeds benefit the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk. 

I know I'm not suppose to be going out until Dave in Nashville, but it is for charity. I don't eat crawfish, but Greg will eat enough for both of us.


That's what we'll be doing this weekend. How about y'all? 

7 comments:

  1. We will be in Puerto Rico! YAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I'm so J! Y'all have a great time and have a fruity rum drink for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should be there too, I'm going to have to miss the huge downtown crawfish festival next weekend, so this weekend's midtown one will have to do :) I've never been before anyway, should be fun! I don't eat crawfish either though, but things like this are always worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping this one will be better than the downtown one. I've only been to the one d'town, and there are always a lot of motorcycles there. It can get a little red. I'm thinking that element won't be at the one on Overton Square, but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe I've never had crawfish? Maybe this summer I'll finally try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots off people aren't too anxious to eat the "mud bugs".
    When I ate meat I would eat crawfish in foods, but I could never bring myself to eat them on our trips to New Orleans where my husbands scarfs them down by the hundreds. They come head and all , and look like water crickets that show up in house in this area. Gross!
    If you decide to try them, the best season for them is mid-March to mid-May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we're coming.. well, me mom and McKinley.. Paul and Amy are playing... :))

    ReplyDelete