Sunday, March 8, 2009

Andrew's 1st Birthday Party

Today went went to my cousins Taylor and Agnes's house for their son Andrew's 1st birthday party. They used a cute March Madness basketball theme for the invitations and decorations. Taylor grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs and also a few veggie burgers (THANKS!). Here are some shots of Andrew eating his personal cake.




Agnes is a great mom that really values healthy eating, so she made Andrew's cake with whole wheat flour, carrots, raisins, and apple juice to sweeten it. If your kids don't get artificial flavoring and sugar loaded foods they actually enjoy healthier foods. I will definitely be calling her for ideas when we have a little one.


Here is Andrew opening his gifts. Brady, my cousins Tres and Stephanie's youngest, is graciously helping him. It really is true that all parents think their kids are the smartest ( Andrew does seem very bright) because Taylor is actually offering the card to Andrew to read it at one.

Thanks you Agnes and Tay for including us. We had a great time and really enjoyed seeing you guys.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must reveal that I cheated on my goal a little and had a white bread bun and cheese with my veggie burger and a small sliver of cake. Sorry self!

1 comment:

  1. Here's a comment for you. That is one of the three cutest children I have seen in the past six years!!! Ang

    ReplyDelete