Monday, March 23, 2009

My First Tag!

Brenn from Where Preppy meets Hippie sent me a "tag". I have to list seven things I love and then tag seven blogs I love. In no particular order here goes:
  1. Greg- I love Greg because he always what I need even if it's not what I want. He is supportive when I need him, but he also calls me on my bullshit when I'm being a B. All of us girls have dated guys that kiss our asses. That was great for me for about a week, but then it got kind of pathetic. Greg is my equal and challenges me. That might not be right for everyone, but I think we're matched pretty perfectly. Also we have common interest like music and stoner movies. And we laugh together more than we fight. Everyone whose been married a while knows that is happiness.
  2. Daisy- I love Daisy because she is preparing me if I have a daughter. She is sassy, bratty, and stubborn, but she's so pretty you can't help love her. I imagine if I have a little girl that's about how she would be.
  3. Mom- I love my mom because she is a very strong women and loves me completely unconditionally. She's there for me anytime I need her whether it's dog sitting, altering clothes last minute, or being my friend. She had me at a very young age but made sure that my experience growing up wasn't any different than any of the other kids around. I didn't even realize how unusual her age really was until about the last 5 years. I always remember that she was prettier than the other moms, but she would have been no matter her age. When she was my age she had a 14 year old. I could never do that, but she did it and made it look easy.
  4. My Friends- I feel like so many of my friends are really different from each other. I'm glad that each of them are in my lives, and I need each of them in different ways. I hope that I can be as good a friend to them as they all are to me.
  5. A Zoo Day- I love going to The Memphis Zoo on a sunny day. Many years ago when I was a teen they started renovating it to have more natural habitats for the animals. It really makes a big difference! There are still some projects left, but  I think it's one the best around. Greg knows if he wants to put a smile on my face, he can just take me to the zoo.
  6. My Disco- I love my big, honkin' car! It's the second Discovery I've had so it has sort of become my signature vehicle. It gets terrible gas mileage, is bad for the environment, and is a fortune to maintain, but I love it! It is the perfect balance between luxury and utility. It has seat warmers and two sunroofs, but I can throw the dog in the back all muddy without being worried she''ll mess something up. It is a '04, the last year that Land Rover made them ( tear), so it's already five years old. I have no desire to get a new car. I'm going to drive it until I'm holding the steering wheel with the rest car on the ground smoking all cartoon style. I've surprisingly never named my car. I guess that's something people normally do with older cars. Maybe i should post some photos of it and have a contest to name it.
  7. Memories- Nobody can take them from you! Times change, we change, other people change, but your memories are constant. I have been blessed with an incredible memory. When recalling someone, something, or sometime, I remember sights, sounds, smells, feelings. I can remember things from about the time I was just under two. I know that sounds crazy, but I've always been able to describe to my mom exactly things that happened around that time just as she remember them too. My husband now hates my long memory, but hopefully one day when we're old I be able to vividly describe a forgotten, special time from our past well enough that he'll be able to recall it too.
So now I tag:
  1. Ashely - The Miskels
  2. Pretty in Pink Megan
  3. Shelby- Shelby Under The Turtle Moon
  4. Emily- Life As I Know It From Memphis
  5. Pink Julep
  6. KembreePersian Pit Bull
  7. Not the Jones Family ( hoping this will make Steph create her first post already)

1 comment:

  1. Hey I will get on it soon, I promise! I'm so behind on posts these days!

    ReplyDelete