Friday, March 27, 2009

Butt Dialing

I'm horrified that I will accidentally call someone from my cell now that I don't have a flip phone anymore. Anytime I'm having a "bless her/his heart conversation " I have to check that my phone is not communicating without my knowledge. By the way I would never say anything ill about anyone who is reading this.

Well this morning I awoke to a missed call from my hubby's friend. This is highly unusual so I immediately checked my voice mail.  Instantly I realized that his friend, who will remain nameless, had butt dialed me. I got to be privy to an all boy conversation without their knowing.

He was leaving dinner or a bar with several other boys. I could tell drinks were involved. They proceeded to rate an unsuspecting girl from the bar/restaurant. 

An unidentified boy said she was capable of going home with him even though she was "middle range".  He said " You never go for the top or the bottom."

My husband's friend then said that he'd "rather go home was his beautiful hand than anything but the top".

This is pretty much exactly how  I thought boys talked without a girl around to hear them.

The funny thing is that the "middle range" girl probably had no interest in or even noticed any of them!

Even though they weren't gossiping about a person they knew ( that would be much more an all girl conversation), this incident confirmed my fears of butt dialing. I will either be doubling up on checking my phone when I'm talking about someone, or maybe I should just pony up the money for a new flip phone.

1 comment: