Monday, March 16, 2009

Birthday Weekend Over, Thank God!

Sorry I'm just now posting about the birthday weekend, It almost killed me!

Friday night we had a great time with my dad and step-mom. We ate dinner at Pearl's Oyster house downtown. We had some of the best raw oysters I've ever had, including the many times I've eaten them in New Orleans. They were the perfect size and silky and creamy. I love Pearl's!

Then we all went down to the Silly Goose ( the new bar where Swig used to be). It was pretty cool. Apparently they are a scotch bar, but I stuck to my Hanger One lime/water. 

Then we stumbled down to The Flying Saucer. That is Dad and Cassie's place. They each have a "Ring of Honor" plate at the location by their house out east, and they're working on their second way through the beers. We stayed for bit doing some very interesting people watching and then came home about midnight.
Here's a photo of Dad and Cassie at The Saucer. Thanks for the great night out! ( Funny side note: My dad's name is Greg like my husbands. Since I kept my last name when I married people are constantly assuming that my husband's last name in Mangrum. So they call my husband Greg Mangrum, my dad's name. It creeps me out every time!)

Saturday I woke up feeling less than tip top because I had more fun than I had planned to on Friday night. I had to skip the gym to keep from yacking, but made it through the rest of my previously posted schedule. 

Saturday night was super fun. We meet up at Grisanti's for drinks. They brought me out some delicious gelato with a candle in it. Heres a shot of Ashley, her husband Mike and I at the bar.

 Then we went down to Club Shadows. They were so great! They gave us the VIP section even though it was last minute. Thanks Thang ( DJ, coordinator)! We danced and had great time. I'm not posting anymore photos from the rest of the evening because I start to look increasingly worse and worse as the night went on. The next morning I woke up with a twisted ankle and faux lashes on only one eye.

Thanks everyone who came out to celebrate my b-day. I had a great time and appreciate everyone who made it so special! 

Having said that, I'm glad it's over! Tomorrow I'm getting back to the gym and eating good again ( I've had pizza, chocolate, cookies, a entire Perkin's tremendous twelve, chips, and too much alcohol to count over the last 3 days).

It's funny how when I haven't done anything fun and wild in a while I start to feel like my life is boring. Then I have a weekend like this and I start to appreciate the peacefulness and routine of my normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment