Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gap Dress and Invitation Etiquette

The dress I order from The Gap just got delivered, and I think it's pretty cute. I'm going to try it on for Greg later to get a second opinion. I'll report back what he thought, and if it had any bearing on my opinion of the dress. He says that I usually do the opposite of whatever his opinion is on fashion and decorating, and he's right. Not intentionally. It just happens that way:)

I haven't really talked about this yet, but I'm in my friend Jessica'a wedding in June. I've been waiting until she sign's up to follow, so I can introduce her and discuss her upcoming nuptials. She hasn't yet though, and something has come up in the planning that I would love to have some more opinions on.

I am planning her lingerie shower/bachelorette party for the end of May ( I'm very excited to be doing this since planing a fun night out is my forte and I'm so honored she asked me to be a bridesmaid). This week I got her guest list from her and finalized the details with her. I was planning to order the invitations this week so I could be sure to get them out at least five weeks before the party.

Today her maid of honor, who I don't know well at all, told her that was too early to send out the invites. She said she was sending out the invitations to the bridal shower brunch that she's throwing 2 weeks before hand.

I've always sent out invites at least four weeks before if all guests are in town, and six weeks if any guest are traveling in town. This girl works for a printing company so maybe I'm wrong, but to get an invite two weeks before an event would be strange to me. Or have I been showing poor etiquette by sending invites too early?

It's not my reputation if she's wrong, but a lot of Jess's fiance's family are going to be invited to the brunch. I don't want something that is out of her control to make a bad impression.

What do y'all think?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how anyone could think 2 weeks is far enough in advance. I guess if everyone invited already knew about it, and the invites were just "for show" then maybe. But still, I know myself - I'm forgetful. If I don't have something in writing, hanging on my fridge, that I can see..I'll forget. For someone like me, a month in advance would be minimal for me to work it into my schedule. I think you're right on t his one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feed back! I love getting hearing that I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way Greg liked the dress from Gap. The flowy style of it could definitely accommodate and pregnant belly, just in case something happens this summer {sheepish grin}.

    ReplyDelete