Monday, March 16, 2009

Thanks Tres

My cousin Tres is now following the blog. Thanks for signing up!

Growing up I spent a good bit of time in the summers with Tres and his younger brother Taylor. We all went to summer camp together every year, hung out skiing and playing at our Grandparents' cabin on Pickwick Lake, and building Lego worlds at our their house in town. Not having older siblings Tres was as close as I had to a big brother. He would tease me when I had a crush on a boy at camp, and was protective a few years later when boys started having crushes on me at camp.

He's also always been super smart. He would actually sit down read a whole volumes of the encyclpoedia when we were kids. He taught himself to play guitar just by listening to songs. And though our musical taste differed way back when ( he liked metal, I liked NKOTB and Vanilla Ice), we actually both ended up loving the The Allman Brothers and The Beatles.

Now he's all grown up with a sweet wife, Stephanie, and two cute, little boys, Brooks and Brady. I can't believe that we're all adults now. I have some really great childhood memories with Tres and Tay and want to say thanks for putting up with your annoying, prissy, spoiled brat cousin. I know it couldn't have been easy!


Here's a shot of Tres sometime in the 80's featuring one of his now infamous mullets. This one even has the sides shaved.

Though you may have had some scary hair, you've always been one of the kindest hearted people I've ever known!

1 comment:

  1. Don't be jealous, I rocked that mullett and you know it. The shaved sides were just bonus. Just remember, you probably saved me from a hard life of questionable hairstyles. For that, I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete