Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Own Personal Shame

I have a very dirty, little secret. I like Britney Spears music. I've been able to hide this predilection for her over produced, insignificant tunes while she was having her breakdowns. With all these recent hoopla of her new cd and concert tour though, it's rearing its  ugly head again. I normally pride myself on my better than average taste in music for girl my age, but there is just something so fun and catchy about her songs.

I think I can best equate my affection for her music to my affection for cupcakes. I know it's bad for me , wasted empty calories that will make me hate myself later, no way improve me for the better, but while I'm enjoying it , it's so sweet and easily digestible. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get of either, permanently, any time soon.

The reason I'm divulging this is because I want her new Circus cd, but I am too embarrassed to go to the music store to buy it. Please, someone who is coming to my birthday, grant me these request. Just tell the store clerk that it is for your 14 year old niece. I would do it, but I shouldn't have to humiliate myself during my birthmonth.

Thank you in advance, whoever you are, you brave soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment