Monday, March 2, 2009

New Goal

My birthday countdown is on, and I'm setting a little goal for myself. I usually try to to the gym 5 days week, but I'm going to try to go everyday from now until 3/14. I'm thinking of asking a guy I know who works there to keep me accountable by check my member card scan everyday. Also, ( this is the big one) I'm not eating sugar (except fruit), breads, and less dairy. I'm not drinking any alcohol, at least until 3/ 13 at dinner with my Dad and Cassie ( my step-mom). I'm about to go to the gym now (today is chest, cardio, abs) and the grocery. I'm going to buy veggies, fresh and frozen; fruit, less sugary ones; tofu, I don't eat meat; soups, from Whole Foods with less sodium. This seems more healthy to me than the way I dropped a few pounds previously. Normally I would just cut my calories to about 1,000 a day, which is not all that healthy.

My actually b-day is 3/11, but I always celebrate the Saturday after when it doesn't fall on Saturday. This practice has created my "birth week". It pretty much is exactly how it sounds I end up celebrating my birthday for about a week. This is fine with me!

So that Saturday I'm wearing a tunic length dress with no tights, and i want to look as svelte as possible. I think we're going to Backstreet to go dancing ( which is a gay club if you can't figure it out from the name). Those boys keep themselves top shelf, and I need to try a little harder in respect of that.

The spray tan I'm getting will help too. I've learned to embrace my paler skin, even sort of like it better, in the winter recently after fake baking for years. I seriously used to lay in the tanning bed for thirty minutes everyday in high school. Mom where were you on that one? That's practiaclly child neglect letting me do that. I'll be a leather handbag in my future, no doubt.

Anyway, I try to not do the spray tan too often ( it is kinda of funky chemicals), but when I never to the booth thing. I went to that once and looked like a streaky, orange mess. I only go to Esthetiques on Brookehaven Circle now. They airbrush you by hand, and it's only about 5 bucks more ( plus a tip) and lasts longer. Please call them for an appointment instead of going for the nasty booth spray. To me it's for sure worth it!

If you know any ticks or ways to support me through the couple of weeks, please bring it on. Anyone that goes to French Riviera Poplar Plaza in the AM bust me out if I'm not there. Do not offer me any foods on my no-no list, especially sweets!
That means you Greg. No going out, otherwise I would drink.

My reward at the end on that Saturday will be plenty of drinks, chocolate covered strawberries from Dinstuhl's, and hopefully a little extra confidence. Actually as soon has I have a few drinks I usually get an over abundance of confidence, unfortunately.

3 comments:

  1. Carrie I tried to tell you how bad tanning beds were for you. You wouldn't listen. I love the pictures. Those are my Carrie Beth eyes. I loved you then and I love you now. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo Backstreet! I've always wanted to go there. I'm doing the same type of diet right now, trying to lose weight, and it's really working. good luck!! I go the French Riviera on Union but we *might* be moving soon and would be closer to Poplar. But...I don't do mornings. :) More power to you, I can't wake my lazy butt up in the AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I say AM I'm talking 8 sometimes 8:30. Every now and then I have to do 7 if I have any early client on Friday, and it kills me. I'm no 5 AMer! I have to do in the morning, or I'm too tired or make excuses as the day goes on.

    I saw your blog about your weight loss, and that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete