Monday, March 30, 2009

Music

I picked up the new Jason Mraz album We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. yesterday. I figured I should familiarize myself with some more of his music since he opening for Dave next month. I really already like the track "I'm Yours" off  of it ( obviously since it is on my blog play list). I thought the rest of his songs would be more like Jack Johnson ( singer, song writery), but his song writing skills are not nearly as strong as Jack's. I'm going to listen to it a few more times, and maybe it will grow on me.

Heads up! Dirty Dozen Brass Band  is playing at the High Tone this Thursday (4/2). They are a great band out of New Orleans. I can't make it out on a Thursday anymore, but those who still have some youth and/or energy  should go. Here's a video of them performing at Bonnoroo (2002):
Boom Box is going to be at Newby's this Saturday (4/4). I saw them the last time they were here, and they were pretty. The band consist of a DJ and a guitarist, but that is kind of an over simplified description. To me there music is a fusion of techno, jam, funk, and whatever. For just two guys there is all kinds of stuff going on all over the stage. It's entertaining  and something a little different. Here they are at Newby's in '07:

I hope someone goes to at least one of these shows and can report back to me how they were. I need to live vicariously through y'all since I'm not going out the next three weeks ( hopefully!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment