Thursday, March 12, 2009

How My Birthday Went

Yesterday was pretty fun. I actually enjoyed working on my birthday. I didn't relieve all the extra attention I would get. When I got there everyone had put a pretty hydrangea and yellow bell on my station, and a card they had all signed. It was really sweet.

The cold, gloomy day was a bit of a bummer, but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it was going to. At least the rain held off until today.

Last night Greg took me to Mexicana Deli for fish tacos. I'm obviously a cheap date, but their fish tacos are out this world and some what healthy. It was delicious and a fun, laid back night night.

Thank you to everyone who commented with happy birthday wishes. Those really helped to make my day special. So did all texts, phone calls, voice mails, and cards. I really appreciate all my friends and family. Last year I kind of ignored my birthday, but this year I remembered how much I love March 11th with everyone being so great.

So I was going to show everyone what gifts I got so far:
  1. A beautiful bouquet of flowers from my friend Shelby. They made inside look colorful and springy, even if it didn't outside.
     
  2. A fun, summer weight, tie dyed scarf from the Flemings. They are a family of some of my favorite people who are also my clients.
  3. A cool fringy bag from my Mom and Jay. It's a cross body strap that will be perfect for concerts, festivals, or anywhere else this spring and summer. It is real suede, but I promise I only allow myself a few animal skin pieces a year ( never fur). This is the first time they're seeing it because my Mom always gives me cash to get something I want. That way she always gets me the perfect gift. 
  4. From Greg I got the ray-ban, aviator sunglasses from my "Things I want cont..." post. I love them! 
    And the best gift of all Dave Matthews Band tickets for April 25th at Vanderbilt Stadium. I can't wait!
    The clues were obviously irrelevant and just to throw me off. He knows me so well. I always think I want to know the surprise but always get disappointed when I ruin it. Thanks Greg! They're perfect gifts. 
Thank you everyone for my gifts so far!

Also yesterday the J Crew shorts from my "Things I Want" post arrived. They're are even better than pictured. I wonder if J Crew and UPS made it a point to deliver them on my b-day.

There will be more to come on the subject of my b-day since my birthweek is not yet over. Tomorrow my Dad and Cassie are taking us to Pearl's Oyster House ( the alcohol ban ends). And of course the big night out Saturday night. 

Thanks again to everyone who helped to make my special day so special!



1 comment:

  1. aww! you're welcome. I'm glad we're friends. You're one of the funnest and funniest peeps i know.... dance par=tay soon! woop!

    ReplyDelete